Sincere Seeker, I genuinely appreciate your thoughtful engagement and the depth of your concern—it reflects a heart that longs for truth, discernment, and reverence. And in many ways, I agree with your underlying point: not everything that glitters is gold, and not every experience labeled “Spirit-led” bears the mark of authentic holiness. We must never exchange truth for thrill or reduce the move of God to lights, noise, or emotionalism. But I would also caution against painting with too broad a brush. Yes, some have chased the feelings without the foundation, and yes, some gatherings prioritize hype over holiness. But the presence of counterfeit does not invalidate the genuine fire of God’s Spirit moving in the earth today.
When I speak of Acts-level revival, I don’t mean crowds and chills—I mean bold preaching of repentance, baptism in Jesus’ name, the infilling of the Holy Ghost, and lives being radically transformed. I’m not pointing to emotionalism—I’m pointing to the very Acts 2:42 pattern you rightly call us back to: “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” That’s not hype. That’s apostolic alignment—and many Pentecostal congregations today are intentionally rooted in that very framework. The gifts of the Spirit are not replacements for doctrine; they are fruits of obedience to it (Mark 16:17–20; 1 Corinthians 12). The danger isn’t in power—it’s in power without purity, charisma without cross, and that’s where I agree with your warning.
But to suggest the whole movement is allergic to sound doctrine is to overlook the many believers—especially within the Oneness Apostolic tradition—who preach holiness, separation from the world, the fear of the Lord, and biblical salvation according to Acts 2:38. The Holy Ghost doesn’t dismiss doctrine—He wrote it (2 Peter 1:21). And He still calls people not just to experience, but to die daily, take up the cross, and walk in righteousness.
So yes—let’s test the spirits. Let’s discern what is of God and what is not. But let’s not deny the fire because some misuse the flame. If we want Acts-level truth, we must also want Acts-level power. And if we want both, then we must also return to Acts-level surrender—to doctrine, yes, but also to the altar, to the upper room, and to the name that is above every name: Jesus.