Feeling worthless and depressed

I feel very miserable and worthless. Nothing I do works. Please pray God answers my prayers and fills me with happiness.

2 Likes

Greg, I’m praying for you right now. When nothing seems to work, it’s easy to believe you’re worthless, but that’s not how God sees you.

Psalm 34:18 says, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” David wrote that psalm after a low point in his life, when he was on the run and had to pretend to be someone else just to survive. He wasn’t writing from a place where everything was fine. He was writing from the bottom, and he found that God was near right there.

Lord, please be close to Greg today. Lift the heaviness, remind him that he is loved and has value, and bring good people and small moments of hope into his days. Amen.

And if the heaviness hangs on, please also reach out to someone you trust: a pastor, a friend, or a doctor. You don’t have to carry this alone.

When I am obeying the Lord’s commandments, I feel on top of the world.

Life is so hard. I feel this. Praying you’d be encouraged today and that you would experience joy, even if it’s in the smallest things like a beautiful flower, a stranger’s smile, or a cup of coffee.