Hello from Northern California

Hi from Northern California. My name is Dena. I just saw a post from someone who said their age, so I will say mine also! I am 63 years old, and I work as a teacher’s aide in a 6th grade classroom. I also spend a lot of time taking care of my stepmother, who broke her arm about a month ago but recently was allowed to take her sling off.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Dena!

Great to have another educator in our midst.

1 Like

Hello! One should never be ashamed of their age.

1 Like

It’s great to have you here! I don’t feel comfortable about giving out my age online, so I’ll just say that fall into the age category of ‘teenager.’ That seems safe enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, Dena. I’m 55 years young myself. I like to think I don’t look my age, and I certainly don’t act like it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve had the pleasure of visiting Northern California myself, and as a long-time Midwestern Boy, the mountains were most impressive.(I think they were the San Bernardino Mountains.)
I now live near Gainesville Georgia where I spend a lot of time online. The weather here is rather mild most of the time but sometimes there’s the threat of snow and everyone here acts like it’s the apocalypse.
I was fortunate enough to find a church that has the word “family” in their name and the people there are very friendly and welcoming.
I have a sister in the area here, another sister who is actually raising her family in the very house where we grew up, and a brother in Kent, Washington.
I’m glad that you’re taking care of your stepmother. She’s blessed to have such a caring family member.

1 Like