Help to be an honest person and help me to spread the word too others

Hello there my name is Glenn Russell McGowan from Fairmont West Virginia 26554 !! Needing prayers in all aspects of life together :folded_hands: I want to spread the word of God!! Also to be honest person and forgive my sins

First, welcome @glennmcgowan58. Glad you are here. God justifies every single person He calls. The Hebrew word for justify is tsadeq or tsadoq, and the Greek word is dikaioó. Both primarily mean to declare or pronounce someone righteous. The word refers to the act of acquitting or vindicating someone, in a sense, declaring them free from guilt or blame. To be just is to be righteous. To be “justified” by God is to be made right with Him. We can never justify ourselves because of our sin, not even by following the law, since we can’t keep the law. Only through Yeshua, or Jesus as translated, God, and His Word can we be justified.

This is why it is so very important that we take time to prepare. A time to learn. A time to grow. I do not know about you, but I have never seen a baby teach anyone anything. If you have your Bible, turn to Hebrews 5 starting at verse 12.

“For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.” Hebrews 5:12-14

Do not ever do what I did. As I grew in Christ, I learned that this is a pretty common mistake. Many children of God make it, and Jesus also calls them those who are called the rocky ground.

“As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away. Matthew 13:20-21

It is crucial to take the time to build a solid foundation and to understand the truth as defined by God Himself. In simple terms, if you know the truth, you will never accept a lie.

When I first got saved, I was indeed on fire for God. I remember, and I’m not lying here, watching an old TV show called “Kung Fu: The Legend Continues,” Where this guy and later his son would simply go around and take care of people. Relying only on Kung-fu for protection and natural remedies. So I thought, my 21-year-old self, I would put a Bible on the passenger seat, get in, and just drive until I “felt” God tell me to stop, and I would get into adventures and serve God. I know. Trust me. I know. Well, now. Do not ever do this.

The truth is, I knew nothing. I was not trained. I did not even understand the laying of a foundation. I could maybe quote a verse or two. I was a baby. I was naked, running into a battle with heavily armed and equipped demons straight out of Hell. Then again, I did not need a demon to defeat me; a well-prepared atheist could do that. If I were to be very truthful, a poorly equipped atheist could do that.

Turn to Galatians 1, starting at verse 11

“For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man’s gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.”

Paul, also known as Saul, was a Jewish leader who vehemently opposed Christians and anything related to “The Way,” which is what they called it at the time. Not only did he harbor hatred for them, but he also took drastic actions to eliminate the movement. This included arresting, torturing, and even killing those who followed “The Way.”

“For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it. And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers.”

He was pretty successful. He was well-liked and even had a following in Judaism.

“But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.”

God foreknew him. “But when he who had set me apart before I was born," Set up a destiny. “pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles,” and called him. “and who called me,” Then, God gave Paul a time of preparation and learning. How long? Continue.

“Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days.” Galatians 1:11-18

How long? Three years. How long? Three years. THEN he went to Cephas, or Peter as you know him, for how long? 15 days. Why so short? Because he already knew the Gospel. He already knew God’s Word. He already knew what God wanted of him. To bring the truth out to the Gentiles. Say, “You and me.” So there was truly nothing that Peter, or James, the Lord’s brother, the only two he met with, could teach him.

Continued

1 Like

I know my name is Peter. I know I am an ordained Minister. I know Yeshua is the Lord. If someone ever came to me and said, “You are Bill, a plumber, and a big purple bunny is god.” I will tell you to go pound sand. Ok, I would try to correct you, but if you will not be corrected, then I would tell you to just move on. Why? I’m not Bill. You would NEVER want me touching your plumbing; my wife maybe, but not me, and I KNOW there is no big purple bunny.

Here is the thing about the truth. It is what it is. Some will argue that it is compassion to compromise and to try to work with people. Where is the compromise? There is no hate. No discrimination. No deceit or ill will at all in telling someone the truth. Not my truth. Not your truth. Not their truth. There is ONE Truth. One reality. You can accept that. Or you can reject that. However, if you do reject it, guess what, you are simply WRONG!

But you might hurt someone’s feelings. Why? My name is Peter, not Bill. Simply the truth. I’m an ordained Minister, not a plumber. Simply the truth. Jesus is Lord, not the big purple bunny. Call Him Yeshua if you choose, but He is not a rabbit. Simply the truth.

You can accept these facts and be right and good. Or you can reject these facts and be wrong. Sorry, but the truth is simply what it is. It doesn’t matter whether you accept or agree. It does not care about your feelings. It just IS what it IS. Truth in all things exists. Knowing the truth is vital.

Pray, read, spend time getting ready, getting prepared, and being justified.

Be blessed, be a blessing, Jesus IS LORD!

Peter

Welcome to the forum.
Do read PeterC’s post carefully.
I’ll make three points.

  1. get involved in a church that actually teaches the bible and not just proclaims Christ. You need challenging sermons to grow and mature Christians to guide you.
    2, To spread the word of God you need to know what you believe and importantly live it. challenge, do you live the ten commandments?
  2. Only Jesus can forgive sins, you cannot, you can forgive people who have hurt you etc, but not there or your sins.
    1John1:8.If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9,If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us..
    I suggest memorising these verses.
1 Like