Is this grief or lack of Trusting Jesus

I praise God for being God His faithfulness and His. Love grace and mercy.My Mom went home to be with the Lord 3 months ago. I feel so lost in not knowing how to feel. I comforted knowing she’s no longer suffering but I’ve distanced all I love from me unconsciously. I just don’t feel. Close to my children or family. My grandchildren seem to be my only source of connecting to love. My prayer life seem routine and ritualistic instead of loving a relationship with Jesus. Pray that I find comfort again in just living and worshipping God joy.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Shell

1 Like

This sounds like grief to me. Hang in there and keep the faith. Thank God for your grandchildren. :revolving_hearts::folded_hands:

1 Like

Paul told us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). If you are not doing that, I think you should. I think it would help.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
I am sorry for the loss of your Mother.
Please take the time to grieve for her. Going through ones daily routines can be hard, everything can be an effort and the awareness of what is missing can be overwhelming.
You need to grieve, to mourne .
I pray that you will know Gods peace moment by moment, that you will have the strength to face each day.
Take your time, remember your Mother and grieve.
Do seek those family or friends to whom you can talk about your feelings, talk about your loss.

1 Like

It is normal to feel grief, to feel hurt. Understandably, your prayer life seems routine and ritualistic. It is difficult to pray when you are hurting. I recommend lament psalms. David and other psalmist expressed hurt feelings to God. I recommend Ps 42. Read it as a prayer and use it as a guide. You need not read it word for word; use it to express your feelings and include some of your own words. Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

**6 **My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
**7 **Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

**8 **By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

**9 **I say to God my Rock,
“Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?”
**10 **My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”

**11 **Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

I wrote this poem many years ago for my mom. Maybe you can relate.

My Mom, A Special Lady

God created my mom to be a special lady.
He filled her with his gift of love.
He set her mind on the things above.

He filled her heart with hope and conviction.
He added to her faith and gratitude.
He endowed her with strength and fortitude.

He taught her to rely on him every day.
Yes, he prepared her just right.
With all the wisdom and insight

To be the best mother a child could have,
For all these things she passed on to me,
So that I could be the best I could be.

1 Like

Thank you so much Bob Richley for your encouraging words, your insight and especially your song you shared written for your Mom. So beautiful! May God bless you a thousand time over in every area of your life and all connected to you in Christ Jesus mighty name.

1 Like

I love your song written for your Mom! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you Who-me for your encouragement and your expressed condolences. May God continue to bless you in every area of your life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thank you so much Jenny Lynne for your encouraging words and your prayers! God bless you with God’s never ending Favor in the overflow in Christ Jesus mighty name.

Charnel, I am so sorry about your mom. Three months is still very fresh, and feeling numb, pulling back from people, and finding prayer dry are all common parts of grieving. It does not mean you have stopped trusting Jesus. You can bring Him exactly how you feel, even when it is nothing at all, and He will not turn you away.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”

And Psalm 34:18 says, “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

I am thankful your grandchildren are a bright spot right now. I am praying that the Lord gently warms your heart toward your children and family again, that your times with Him would feel like a conversation with a Friend instead of a routine, and that joy in worship would return in His timing. Would you let me keep praying for you by name this week?

1 Like