Prayer for my Relationship with a Close Friend

My name is Clark. My close friend is Nicole. We are very close friends who grew up together but lost touch for many decades until recently. I’m trying to take it past the friendship stage into the romantic stage. I pray to God every day that he would open her eyes and heart to this. So far I’ve seen nothing but positive signs from God that this is the path I’m supposed to be on. I would appreciate the prayers for moving this relationship forward. Thank you and God bless.

Welcome @clark. Glad you are here. I do not know how old you or Nicole is, but I do offer you a word of caution. I believe you are seeking God’s clear guidance, wisdom, and blessing as you seek His direction for your life and relationships.

As you take steps in this area, I wanted to share a gentle reminder to keep God at the center of it all. Scripture teaches us that romantic intimacy and marriage are sacred gifts designed specifically for a husband and a wife (Genesis 2:24, Hebrews 13:4). Keeping pure physical boundaries outside of marriage honors God and protects both of your hearts, as He calls us to honor Him with our bodies (1 Thessalonians 4:3–5, 1 Corinthians 6:18–20).

When you seek Him first and honor His design (Matthew 6:33), He aligns your steps and truly blesses your path. Praying for wisdom and clarity as you move forward!

Be blessed, be a blessing, and Jesus is LORD!

Peter

We’re both divorced and in our 50s.