What's your favorite name of God?

I know we go through seasons of life where we long to know God differently depending on our circumstances and needs. For me, the name that resonates the most currently is Jehovah-Shalom, which means “The Lord Is Peace.” There’s something incredibly comforting about this name, especially during chaotic times. When I invoke Jehovah-Shalom, I’m reminded that God isn’t just a source of peace; He is peace itself—immovable, constant, and soothing. This name helps anchor me, keeping my heart steady when everything else seems turbulent.

I’d love to hear from you all. Which of God’s names do you hold close to your heart? How has it influenced or changed your life?

ps - I found this article describing 10 names helpful - 10 Names of God and Their Important Meaning

3 Likes

My favorite name of God is Jehovah-Jireh (the Lord will provide). He has faithfully provided for my family so many times.

My wife and I learned this in a very real way when He called us to adopt. We knew the call was clear and we also knew we couldn’t afford it on our own. As the provider of the family, I had to give this one to God.

It wasn’t long into the process that a dear friend, whose husband was without a job, sent us a card in the mail with a message of encouragement and a $20 bill to help with adoption expenses. God used someone who arguably had more pressing priorities for that money to let us know that, yes, He would provide.

Years later, our son would come home and God would get the glory for providing the means and the way.

Jehovah-Jireh, God is my provider.

3 Likes

I love the name of God “I Am Who I Am”.

Exodus 3:13-15

It seems quite resolute. God knows who he is. Unashamed, unmoved, unworried. God just is. Like the Big Lebowski, God abides. God is comfortable in His own skin.

1 Like

Jehovah Rapha the God who heals.

1 Like

My favorite Name of God is Jesus. I believe He is God, God, the Son.

2 Likes

Yes He is! Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

I don’t know who the Big Lebowski is, but I unequivocally know God. :slightly_smiling_face:

I generally like to say “Heavenly Father”, or Dear Heavenly Father". My own father passed away when I was 4, and since then, I believe I have this one. We are good friends and I talk to Him frequently.

ದೇವರು ಇಲ್ಲದೆ, ಅನೇಕ ವಿಷಯಗಳು ಸರಳವಾಗಿ ಸಾಧ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ.
Dēvaru illade, anēka viṣayagaḷu saraḷavāgi sādhyavilla.

Without God, so many things are simply not possible.

The Big Lebowski is a 1989 movie starring Jeff bridges aka “The dude”, a very laid back character who uses that as a catch-phrase. (Also starring John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.)