Your Nightly Scripture Devotional Discussion

Every evening, Your Nightly Scripture encourages us to pause and reflect on God’s Word. We pray that you grow in your understanding and knowledge of Christ through these daily passages.

Whether you have read today’s devotional or listened to the podcast, we’d love to hear what stood out to you or encouraged you about the message. How is God working in your life through these verses?

:yellow_heart: This thread is for personal reflection, not debate. Let’s keep it uplifting and centered on God’s truth. Share your heart with peace and grace - it might be exactly what someone else needs to hear today.

:backhand_index_pointing_down: Join the conversation below!

13 Likes

How do you deal with a father and mother who were not your real parents but could crack the whip if you were out of place. It is difficult to honor those who have lied to you about where you came from but could deal out punishment without regard to whether you were wrong in the first place, Being in a family with younger and older brothers who would use you to blame problems for got you handed a spanking and discipline. I had to grow beyond this over the years to keep my sanity at times. Step dad was a veteran from WW2 and I saw him as he was injured mentally so I have forgiven him.. Step mother was sometimes out of focus for me. By that I mean it difficult to air my feelings to her about the situation. She had her own problems dealing with my step father. These were not adopted parents but care givers for the aunt who was my real birth mother as I found out years later.

2 Likes
1 Like

This reminds me and I was reminded this week my flesh indeed is very weak and a recent situation humbled me in which I am forever greatful and thankful. Jesus compassion is needed so much In Our weaknesses failures and sinfulness it just reminded me I cant do anything good without him all my righteousness is filthy rags and outside of Jesus its futile and in vain.

3 Likes

Today has been a tough day. Reading this post, I know that God is always with me, but life has been challenging lately. In some ways for the past three months, I have felt like Job in the Bible, though I have not lost family members, but we are somewhat estranged. I am not married (the past 16 years) and finances are tough; I’ve had no luck getting a job, though I’ve applied for many every day. I have strong faith and I’m involved in my church. But somedays, I just can’t do it. I wait on God.

5 Likes

Tonight’s devotional from Psalms 55 was definitely a message from God to me. I am literally in the exact same situation and it was just what I needed to hear. This just further proves and confirms God is always on time. As I’m sitting here reflecting on God’s word. I needed this! Thank you God for being so patient and understanding.

2 Likes

I found tonight’s scripture very moving. My problem is I keep repeating past sins in my head even after I have confessed them and asked for forgiveness. It makes me wonder if I have been forgiven when they keep popping up in my head.

Renea

1 Like

I feel a renewing in faith. After reading, I feel refreshed.

1 Like

I have a problem with feeling alone. After my wife Mary passed on almost two years ago the feeling sticks with me even though at times I feel the memory of her is slipping away and I guess that is how you deal with pain of loss, I pray for peace knowing as I get older my life is coming to and end also. I felt the loss deeply after the neighborhood cat name Parker who used to visit our home and others on the block died alone under his tree. He used rest there during his life. this loss affected me also because Mary really like him also. Loss I know will be something I will have to face as other pets and people go back to God who created all life.

Psalm 91 is such a reassuring reminder of God’s constant love, protection, and favor. We may forget that he is ever-present, but God never forgets His promises or His devotion to His covenant with His people. Calling on Jesus through the good and the bad should be automatic, but we are works in progress. Thank you for the reminder of His faithfulness.

1 Like

The nigthly scripture was absolutely where my life is today. I have struggle for a year or so now and now jobless, but have learned to reach for god when my emotions want take over. Also becoming homeless and barely no money. Yet, i have seen god work miracles to provide for me and this has increased my faith greatly. I have went from little faith and moving into great faith. Hoping to achive perfect faith done.