Church Hurt Issues

Hello Family of Faith. I am new here but a believer in Jesus Christ for many years. How can a person get over being hurt by the church ???

Welcome sweetpea. I’m so glad you could join us here.

We have a discussion on the topic of being hurt by the church that may be of interest to you here.

Fritz

Ah, yes…first-hand experience here.

I’ve written it elsewhere but it bears repeating.

When my husband & I lost our house in a real estate scam, we had 3 days to vacate. Between trying to find a place to live and packing everything we owned, we felt like we had fallen off the globe, like we were in a black hole. Every number we called ended up in a voicemail. Finally, I thought, just to hear a loving, human voice, I’d call our pastor. I called him and told him what was happening. He said - and I quote - “There’s nothing I can do; I suggest you call City Housing.” CLICK He hung up on me! No offer of prayer, no words of encouragement, not even an “I’m so sorry.”

Once we found a place to live, the first thing we did was look for another church. For months we’d go from church to church until we found a place where we felt at home, which is the same church we attend to this day.

Lesson: Just because ONE church lets you down, doesn’t mean they all will.

Therapy with a licensed therapist. Hurt by a church is deep and it isn’t good to brush it off or just live with it.