Once Saved, Always Saved?

Once Saved, Always Saved?

Salvation is one of the most incredible gifts God offers us, but it also raises deep questions about our relationship with Him. Some believe that once we accept Christ, our salvation is secure forever—no matter what. Others feel that our walk with God requires ongoing faith and repentance to stay within His grace.

Is salvation a one-time decision, or is it a daily choice to live out our faith? Let’s dive into Scripture and share our thoughts on this important aspect of our faith.

For further reading, you may find these articles helpful:

I don’t agree that once you are saved you are always saved. Through baptism God promises to remain with you for eternity, even if you deny Christ as Lord.

Do you have any Bible verses that support the sealing for eternity only through baptism?

No. And that is not my point. The focus should be on our savior who remains with us even if we reject God and go our own way without him. See the parable of the prodigal son.

I’ve been asked about this from Christian & non-Christian friends, & I point them to John 10:28, as my personal assurance for my salvation.

1 Like

The parable of the prodigal son was actually about God’s reaction to the sinner who repents and gets saved. I believe that once saved, always saved. The Corinthians were a filthy, immoral group of people. But Paul still referred to them as ‘The Church.’ And remember, the Church is the Christians, not the building. Plus, if the whole once saved always saved argument is false, then God was lying when He said that the Holy Spirit was given to us as a seal that marks us as Children of God.

At what point does a believer receive the seal of the Holy Spirit?

Based off of Romans 10:9-10 I would say all believers receive the Seal the moment they allow Christ into their lives. I got saved two years ago and that was my personal experience.