Repeal of Hyde Amendment

I read the article about the Democratic platform on Crosswalks. One aspect of the party’s platform is to repeal the Hyde Amendment, thus allowing taxpayer funded abortions. This plan concerns me greatly. Shouldn’t we as Christian be alarmed?

1 Like

I would be opposed to taxpayer-funded abortions.

1 Like

So am I. How many people are aware that the Democratic cacicate endorses this?

I have a dumb question: What is the Hyde Amendment?

Not a dumb question at all.

The Hyde Amendment is a federal provision in the United States that prohibits the use of federal funds for most abortions. It was first passed in 1976 and primarily affects Medicaid, meaning that low-income women who rely on Medicaid for their healthcare cannot use it to pay for an abortion, except in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is in danger. The Hyde Amendment is not a permanent law but has been included as a rider to annual appropriations bills, meaning it must be renewed each year.

There is talk of it not being renewed.

Wait, are you saying that if the Hyde Amendment isn’t renewed, low-income women will be able to use Medicaid to pay for abortions regardless of the circumstance?

Correct. It would allow abortions to be funded by taxpayers

Whoa! :astonished: :exploding_head: That’s terrible! Who’s pushing for its non-renewal? Democrats?

Yes, the Democrats. it is boldly state in their platform.

And all these people are voting for Kamala Harris simply because she’d be America’s first black-female president. They’re probably not even sure what she stands for! Us Christians need to pray. We need to pray as if the future of the world depends on it. We need to pray for God to move in the White House. Who’s with me?

You are wrong. Most people I know who are voting for Harris are doing so because Trump is a vile human being, unfit for the job, and a whoremonger who is determined to make a personal profit off of of the office.
The Hyde Amendment is only one issue in the election, and one issue voters wind up with a mountain of other issues tumbling down on the nation. And of course there are those who will not vote for Harris because she is a woman or black although she is highly qualified for the position. Not the best candidate that could have been chosen, but a far cry better than her opponent.

As far as abortion for women in poverty, IMO, it is best prevented by:

Not moving churches out of poverty stricken areas to more comfortable settings. If a church is not in walking distance, poor families have trouble with transportation

Make poor women, single women with illegitimate children feel welcome in church.

Stop the war on birth control.

Don’t see poor women as the enemy.

Advocate for policing of the welfare system instead of destroying it. Weed out abusers.

Education and job training must be requirements for healthy individuals- at low or no cost.

It would be great if people would keep their pants zipped up, but abstinence isn’t practiced by many in the church and very few outside of it. Half of all children born in USA are illegitimate. No easy answers, but punishing the poor doesn’t work. Wealthy women will always have access to abortion, whether it is legal or not.

1 Like

On the contrary, there are a lot of people who will vote for her just because she’s a black female. Did you know that one of the things Democrats stand for is the abortion of babies up until the point of birth? In other words, they can be aborted the moment they come out of the womb! Most people don’t know that. They’re voting for her simply because she’s a black female. They did the same thing with Obama; they voted for him because he’s a black male. Please don’t accuse me of being a Republican. I don’t know where I stand politically. I guess you can say I’m impartially partially impartial to all parties. That doesn’t make any sense, but that’s the best way I can describe it. I’m going back to your first point now. The reason most people believe that is due to propaganda. Both parties have their problems, I admit, but which side would Jesus vote for? That’s what we have to pray about. One more thing: Us Christians need to get more active; what would happen if more Christian women reached out to the Non-Christian women? Would the percentage of women who have illegitimate children dramatically decrease? I’m not sure, but I sure would like to find out. That’s another thing we have to pray about.

Most Democrats do NOT believe in abortion up to the point of birth. I am a Democrat and am involved in these conversations all the time. I have yet to meet a Democrat who believes that. Propaganda says the opposite.

Harris is supported not due to her race, but because the other choice is a horror story.
For years I crossed part lines and voted for the best and most descent candidate. I have not been able to do that in 20 years.

I do know Democrats who have been forced out of their churches, been abused by fellow believers with name calling and being told they are not Christians at all -over politics. One preacher has called for execution of Democrats, equating them with witchcraft.

But we are getting off topic.

Yes, we are getting off topic. Let’s open up a new topic so we can continue this conversation, it’s important.

I had chemo a few days ago and am very tired. I will have to discuss it more another day. :blush:

1 Like

On what do you base this statement? Can you point to the source?

1 Like

My mother told me. And she’s on Facebook a lot. She knows what’s going on. Besides, I can see through things: The BLM movement that stemmed out of the George Floyd protests, Biden’s election, The Trump trials, etc. They’re all connected by a ‘scarlet thread.’ I guess I can see it because I’m impartially partially impartial to all political parties. Bear with me, I’m still trying to think of a better way to say that.

I hoped it would be a more qualified source… nothing against your mother.

2 Likes

Sorry for any confusion I caused. What I meant to say was “I’m praying for your health.”